SyncScript is a transcription and translation firm focused on general business and market research. SyncScript promotes a supportive, flexible environment in a remote environment.
Contractors must work in the US to work remotely out of their home office. This is a work-from-home position in which you set your availability.
We are currently seeking transcribers who can transcribe into Microsoft Word & transfer the information to a provided Excel template. Basic Excel experience is required, including navigating and copy/pasting.
Knowledge of medical terminology is helpful, though a willingness to Google terminology works, as well! Medical interviews can be with patients, physicians, nurses and other healthcare-related roles. Audio files are typically pharmaceutical in nature, including topics on new packaging or products. This is not medical doctor/patient appointment transcription or physician dictation.
For our clients, we offer accurate, fast, and reliable transcription and translation services by becoming an extension of our clients’ teams. We make it easy to work with us from the seamless downloading of files, to 24/7 availability. We invest in a consultative bidding process for every project and each client to provide the absolute best approach to their project needs, including overnight service and flexible turnaround times to help contain costs. We believe in hard work, innovation, value creation and a culture of unparalleled support.
The person in this position must be available for a minimum of 3 sound hours per week and have the flexibility to set their own schedules. The standard rate of pay for Excel transcription starts at $.63/audio minute. Word transcription is also available, starting at $.57/audio minute. Rates will vary based on assignment type.
The Position Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Applicants must have Microsoft Word 2007 or more recent, high speed internet
- Applicants must have a typing speed of 70+ wpm and at least a 98% typing accuracy
- Only US-Based applicants will be accepted for English to English transcription contracting
- All contractors must be 18 years or older and may be asked to consent to a criminal background check
- EIN's are preferred in most states; required for all contractors in MA, NJ, OR and CA.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and abilities:
- Reliability and a strong attention to detail reliable typists who possess a strong attention to detail
- Good typing speed and a love for grammar
- A love for learning new things doesn’t hurt! Topics of transcription run from dog owners to keynote speakers and everything in between.
- Internally drive to complete projects on a tight deadline
- Skilled at managing multiple projects
- Creativity and attention to detail and deadlines
- High Proficiency with Microsoft Office
How to Apply:
- All applicants are required to take a 7-minute test file and a short grammar test. Note that the audio file test takes about 45-60 minutes in general to type, so please be sure to set aside this amount of time. You will become faster with experience, however if you find the audio test portion is taking you much longer than an hour, this may not be the best position for you.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of three years of related experience